11 Ways to Stay Young
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”–Romans 15:13 (NIV).
I found the following list, “How to Stay Young,” in a weekly Oklahoma newspaper. No one was given credit for the list but I wanted to share it with my readers because I thought they were a good reminder for all of us.
- Try everything twice. On one woman’s tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph: “Tried everything twice. Loved it both times.!”
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Surround yourself with what you love: whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Enjoy the simple things!
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him/her.
- The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Live while you are alive.
- Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening or whatever suits your fancy.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next city, state, to a foreign country, but not to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
- Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.
What would you add to this list? Please feel free to let me know in the comment section below.